The Teaching Matters podcast accompanies and complements the Teaching Matters blog, adding another space for conversations and debates around learning and teaching at the University of Edinburgh. The podcast invites students and staff to engage in topical conversations. In general, the podcast topics will align with the Teaching Matters’ mini-series, but will also aim to capture other important discussions across the University around learning and teaching.
How you can listen/subscribe:
Podcasts episodes will be shared via a blog post when they are released and you can stream the episode directly. Previous episodes are also linked to below.
The podcast is also available on a variety of apps (and so you don’t miss a new episode, you can subscribe to the podcast via your chosen app). Click on any of the links above to access the podcast via your preferred app. You can also download episodes when connected to wifi so that you won’t use up data while listening on the go.
(click on any of the links above to open the podcast in your chosen app)
Listen to the latest episodes
Students and staff co-creating learning and teaching
- Episode 26: Co-Creation in Hybrid Teaching and Learning (8 min)
Mastercard Scholars Foundation: Movers and Shakers
- Episode 25: Martine Irakoze Wants to Bring Something New to the Table
- Episode 24:“the work is doing what it’s supposed to do”: A Conversation between Johanna Holton and Brindley Fortuin
The School of Mathematics ASID Project
- Episode 23: A Student-Centred Outlook on the Development of Hybrid Teaching and Learning
Assessment and Social Justice in the Hybrid University
- Episode 19: Assessment and Social Justice in the Hybrid University
Student Mental Health & Online Engagement
- Episode 17: Student Mental Health & Online Engagement Part 1
- Episode 18: Student Mental Health & Online Engagement Part 2
Creative Approaches to Practicals and Field Work in Online and Hybrid Spaces
- Episode 22: In-person tutor meetings outdoors
- Episode 21: In-person dissertation supervisor outdoors, the student perspective (Part 3)
- Episode 20: In-person dissertation supervision outdoors (Part 2)
- Episode 16: Place Based Education (Part 1)
Inclusivity in the Curriculum
Episodes 12-14 accompany the Inclusivity in the Curriculum Mini-Series:
- Episode 12: Diversity and inclusion at the heart of curriculum review
- Episode 13: Who is responsible for ensuring a diverse and inclusive curriculum?
- Episode 14: Commonwealth scholars experiences of diversity and inclusion
Climate Optimism or Fatalism: Teaching climate change in today’s university
Episodes 1, 2 and 3 accompany the Social Responsibility and Sustainability Mini-Series.
- Episode 1 : Climate optimism or fatalism: Teaching climate change in today’s university (Part 1) [student discussion]
- Episode 2: Climate optimism or fatalism: Teaching climate change in today’s university (Part 2) [student discussion]
- Episode 3: Climate optimism or fatalism: Teaching climate change in today’s university (Part 3) [staff discussion]
- Episode 4 Can blogging be used as an effective form as assessment?
- Episode 5 Blogging to enhance professional practice
Episodes 6-11 accompany the Lecture Recording Mini-Series.
- Episodes 6 – 9 What is the value of lecture recording?
- Episodes 10 – 11 Supporting the student learning experience with Lecture Recording